DONATE HERE   

DJ Schedule   

Requests   

DJ APPLICATION   

IN MEMORY OF   

QUOTE OF THE DAY   
Quote Widget

Hit Counter   

• http://bigcountryradio.net Forum IndexForum Index  • SearchSearch  • UsergroupsUsergroups  • ProfileEdit your profile  • MembersMembers  • Private MessagesLogin, Check Messages  
 • ArcadeArcade  • RanksRanks  • StaffStaff  • StatisticsStatistics  • Board RulesBoard Rules  • Forum FAQForum FAQ  • Login / LogoutLog in  

Search for at
http://bigcountryradio.net Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
WASHINGTON (AP) — Site laiyongcai92 0 Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:48 am
laiyongcai92 View latest post
MONTREAL (AP) — Site laiyongcai92 0 Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:37 am
Edmonton fired Peter Chiarelli Site laiyongcai92 0 Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:26 am
Authentic Jonathan Toews Jersey Site elaine95 0 Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:57 am
elaine95 View latest post
sian-jersey]Zach Bogosian Jersey Womens[/url] , including a Site elaine95 0 Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:39 am
rated several good chances without scoring, but drew another Site elaine95 0 Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:20 am

NEW YORK (AP) Booed as he walked off the Yankee Stadium

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    http://bigcountryradio.net Forum Index -> Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panxing18

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:33 am Post subject: No icon NEW YORK (AP) Booed as he walked off the Yankee Stadium Reply with quote

mound in the third inning Bryce Harper Jersey , Sonny Gray smiled.A few moments later, third base coach Phil Nevin screamed at players in the New York dugout.The Yankees headed to their four-game series at Fenway Park after perhaps their worst performance this season, a 7-5 defeat Wednesday to the Baltimore Orioles, who have the worst record in the major leagues. And to Alex Cobb, who leads the big leagues in losses .”We’re a lot better than what we did today,” Nevin said. ”People have different ways of firing guys up. I think that was my first one this year, I guess.”Gleyber Torres raised his homer total to 17 with a solo shot in the second and a three-run drive in the ninth , but the rookie second baseman also failed to cover first base on Caleb Joseph’s second-inning bunt and second on Renato Nunez’s third-inning grounder to shortstop, leading to hits both times.Gray (8-Cool may have lost his rotation spot after putting New York in a 7-1 deficit. Lance Lynn followed with 4 1/3 scoreless innings in his Yankees debut and first regular-season relief appearance since 2012, and manager Aaron Boone wouldn’t commit to staying with Gray .”That’s something that we’ll talk about now in the hours ahead, days ahead about what our plans will be going forward,” Boone said.On an afternoon that began with a partly sunny sky, Gray left under dark clouds just before a 39-minute rain delay.He tied his career high by allowing seven runs, giving up eight hits and two walks in 2 2/3 innings as his ERA rose to 5.56. Gray wiped his faced as he left the mound, adjusted his cap and then smirked when fans jeered.”I’ve never been a guy to come off the field and throw a glove or throw a hat or punch something or do anything,” Gray said. ”I’ve always been a mellow guy that tries to think things through and get over it.”Gray said fans shouldn’t question his desire because of his demeanor.”You can go around and ask the 24 other guys in this clubhouse who I am, what kind of person I am, what I’m about, and they’ll tell you,” he said. ”You’ve seen me do that before.”He is 12-15 with a 4.85 ERA since he was acquired from Oakland at last year’s trade deadline. His ERA this year is 7.71 at Yankee Stadium and 3.62 on the road.”I’ve struggled. I don’t know if it has anything to do with New York, or it’s just strictly on the field Stephen Strasburg Jersey ,” he said.Then a 19-year-old at Vanderbilt, Gray tweeted on Oct. 29, 2009, that ”You have to be really good to get all of Yankee stadium to boo you as you’re walking off the mound…and a hall of famer to smile about it.” That was when Pedro Martinez lost World Series Game 2 to New York.Gray was asked about another tweet, one from Sept. 12, 2012, that said ”1. You didn’t go to college. 2. You are black.” He said the tweet, since deleted, was a response to Rashun Dixon, a teammate in the Oakland minor league system whose brother Anthony played in the NFL.”That’s an inside joke,” Gray said. ”And if people are trying to dig stuff up, then ask Sir Peanut. He’s one of my best friends,” referring to Dixon by his Twitter handle.New York (68-3Cool dropped 5 1/2 games behind Boston (75-34). This is the first time since the leagues split into divisions in 1969 that two teams in the same division began August with a winning percentage .640 or higher, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.Boone, a laid-back Californian, understood the eruption by the extroverted Nevin.”Over the course of the season you’re going to have outbursts from guys, from coaches, from me, whatever, so just emotion of the season, of the game http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey ,” he said.First baseman Greg Bird said the lashing was needed.”We were dragging a little bit today,” he said.Baltimore, which traded six veterans for prospects in recent weeks, took a 5-0 lead in the second . Trey Mancini hit a run-scoring single , and Joseph reached on a bunt single as third baseman Miguel Andujar delayed his throw because Torres didn’t sprint to cover first.Renato Nunez followed with a two-run double over a shallow Shane Robinson in right , and Tim Beckham had a two-run single .Torres led off the bottom half with his first home run since July 1 , and Cobb (3-14) struck out Giancarlo Stanton to end the inning , leaving the Yankees 0 for 15 with four sacrifice flies in their last 19 plate appearances with the bases loaded.Mancini homered in the third , and Breyvic Valera greeted Lynn with a grounder to Didi Gregorius. The shortstop looked to second for a force, saw Torres wasn’t there, and then threw too late to first as another run scored .”I know I missed a couple plays,” Torres said. ”I feel pretty bad.”Torres, 21, was a shortstop until last year.”A lot of that is youthfulness, his inexperience at the position, the nuances where you just do things all the time, second nature,” Boone said.Andujar hit a based loaded-single against Mychal Givens in the eighth, but Paul Fry got pinch-hitter Neil Walker to ground into an inning-ending double play. After Torres’ two-out homer against Mike Wright Jr. , Bird followed a game-ending popup.Lynn threw 71 pitches, which rules him out for a start at Boston. But he could be in the rotation soon.”When they’ve told me I go pitch Anthony Rendon Jersey , I go pitch,” he said.TRAINER’S ROOMYankees: Boone said the team will not know until Thursday at the earliest whether LHP J.A. Happ will recover from hand, foot and mouth disease in time to start Saturday.UP NEXTYankees: LHP CC Sabathia (6-4) starts the opener against Boston and LHP Brian Johnson (1-3), who pitches in place of injured ace Chris Sale.— PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Ask around the Seattle Mariners spring training complex and the most popular person putting on a uniform each day is likely a 66-year-old who is nearly four decades removed from playing professionally, and has become a respected authority throughout baseball as one of the best infield instructors around.The move by the Mariners to hire Perry Hill as their first base and infield coach in the offseason went mostly unnoticed, but his influence is already making a difference.“Oh man, I think he saved my career, honestly,” said shortstop J.P. Crawford, one of the Mariners’ key offseason acquisitions of young talent. “I was having a problem where I couldn’t point them out or see them, and I took groundballs with him for a day and he fixed me and got me right. He brings energy to this team. We need him on our team. I love him. He’s probably everyone’s favorite on the team. He just brings so much energy to the team and he’s so important to us.”Crawford didn’t meet Hill until this year after he was traded from Philadelphia to Seattle and spent a few days in January in Arizona working with Hill. There’s plenty of opportunity for Hill to teach in Seattle, both with the current group of major leaguers that could use some refinement, and with the Mariners’ crop of prospects they hope will be in the majors in a few years.“I like the teaching part. Maybe a tweak here, tweak there to help somebody,” Hill said. “These guys are tremendous athletes or they wouldn’t be here to begin with, but sometimes they get off track and they need a road map and I’m kind of like a tour guide. They’re doing the tour and every once in a while they get off the path and it’s my job to get them back on.”The longest relationship with Hill belongs to second baseman Dee Gordon. When Gordon was traded from the Los Angeles Dodgers to Miami before the 2015 season, Hill was serving as the Marlins’ infield coach. Gordon had struggled at times in Los Angeles with consistency throwing and it was one of the first tasks Hill took on.Gordon was skeptical, at best.“He was enthusiastic about it. He was telling me how good I could be,” Gordon said. “I didn’t trust him. Just being honest, I didn’t trust him. It got better.”Ultimately Daniel Murphy Jersey , Gordon had to be open to some of Hill’s ideas. And it was one of the first drills that gained Gordon’s trust. Hill told Gordon to field a ball at second base, close his eyes and throw to first.“He tells me to throw a ball with my eyes closed. If I do everything right it will go right to the first baseman,” Gordon recalled. “I throw it, and listening for the chain-link fence, and ‘pow.’ I don’t believe it. Let me go over to shortstop and try. Second base is easy. I go over to shortstop, same thing. … I’m like, yo, this is crazy.”Gordon went on to win a Gold Glove in his first year with the Marlins, and in 2017 with Gordon playing 158 games, Miami had the best fielding percentage in baseball at .988.“He’s awesome. He cares. It’s not just a job for him,” Gordon said. “He cares about you doing the things to get better so you can be as good as possible for our team, for our defense. It’s not coincidence the teams he’s had have broken records for fielding percentage.”It was Gordon who was at the center of the discussions that eventually led to Hill leaving Miami and landing in Seattle. Mariners manager Scott Servais reached out to Hill last season when Gordon was moved from center field back to second base to get some idea of how long it might take Gordon to make the transition in the middle of the season. Servais had tried and failed to hire Hill many years ago when Servais was the farm director in Texas. This time, there ended up being a position for Hill after Servais reorganized his coaching staff in the offseason.“Far exceeded my expectations. Just the energy. The understanding of what it takes, doing the grind every day,” Servais said. “Perry has a system. He teaches a system. He knows it like the back of his hand — it’s not something that is data driven. It’s his eyes and teaching and having a feel for players’ strengths and weaknesses and addressing the weaknesses. And in a positive way to get the players to want to work. There is an art to coaching. It’s not a science, it’s an art, and he’s a pretty good artist.”
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post http://bigcountryradio.net Forum Index ->  Site Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: