Requests   

CALENDER   

DJ APPLICATION   

IN MEMORY OF   

QUOTE OF THE DAY   
Quote Widget

TUNE IN   

Hit Counter   

• http://bigcountryradio.net Forum IndexForum Index  • SearchSearch  • UsergroupsUsergroups  • ProfileEdit your profile  • MembersMembers  • Private MessagesLogin, Check Messages  
 • ArcadeArcade  • RanksRanks  • StaffStaff  • StatisticsStatistics  • Board RulesBoard Rules  • Forum FAQForum FAQ  • Login / LogoutLog in  

Search for at
http://bigcountryradio.net Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
era.The NFC champions traded the 31st overall pick to Atlant Site elaine95 0 Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:18 am
elaine95 View latest post
Loaisiga is the 15th native of Nicaragua to appear in the ma Site elaine95 0 Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:07 am
officer to the ground,” Officer Laura Meltzer said in a stat Site elaine95 0 Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:56 am
celebrity homer Derby home based meadow Site baidai8300 0 Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:55 am
baidai8300 View latest post
celebrity get new prospects Bowen to go in national basketba Site baidai8300 0 Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:53 am
baidai8300 View latest post
amico se subisci un infortunio Site Banning 0 Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:52 am
Banning View latest post

return to Grapefruit League play is delayed, both

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    http://bigcountryradio.net Forum Index -> Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panxing18

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:16 am Post subject: No icon return to Grapefruit League play is delayed, both Reply with quote

JUPITER http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-bell-jersey , Fla. (AP) — Even as Matt Carpenter’s the team and the third baseman insist the lingering back tightness is no big deal.“If this was the middle of the season and these games counted I would be just working through some of the soreness and tightness that I’m going through, but I don’t feel the need to do that and go back to 70 percent because I’m pushing through a spring training game,” Carpenter said.Originally expected to return on Wednesday, Carpenter now may not return until Sunday.Manager Mike Shildt doesn’t believe the tightness will lead to Carpenter missing opening day next Thursday at Milwaukee.“It’s felt good the last three days,” Shildt said. “Really positive. We just want to make sure we’re progressing Bill Mazeroski Jersey , nip it in the bud, being smart. We don’t want it to flare up and miss any time in Milwaukee.”Carpenter hasn’t appeared in a game since Friday. He originally experienced the back tightness on Saturday during fielding drills.He underwent an MRI in recent days which Carpenter said showed his back is in better shape than last year, when it bothered him throughout spring leading to a slow start to the season.“Because of it being early in the year and we’re about to break, I’m not pushing through a little tight back,” Carpenter said.Carpenter expects to remain in Jupiter when the Cardinals break camp on Sunday, skipping the team’s Monday exhibition game at Triple-A Memphis. He’ll rejoin St. Louis in Milwaukee the day prior to the March 28 season opener.A three-time All-Star Dave Parker Jersey , Carpenter is hitting .179 with three homers in 33 plate appearances this spring.“I feel like my swing and my at-bats are where they need to be,” Carpenter said. “I had enough work before that as far as playing and defense to where a day or two would be good.”Carpenter’s absence over the past week prevented Shildt from fielding his expected opening day lineup at any point this spring. For Shildt, only two batting order spots are set: Carpenter at leadoff and Marcel Ozuna at cleanup.With Carpenter out, Dexter Fowler batted leadoff, followed on Thursday by Paul Goldschmidt and Paul DeJong.Fowler smashed New York starter Domingo German’s first pitch over the right field wall for his first spring homer. Fowler hit a two-run homer in the second inning.Ozuna also hit his first homer of the spring, a solo shot to left in the third. Justin Edmonds/Getty ImagesThe Colorado Rockies have not given up on retaining Carlos Gonzalez.Jon Heyman of MLB Network reported the Rockies are among the teams that have reached out to the veteran outfielder.Gonzalez Josh Harrison Jersey , 33, spent the last decade in Colorado. He was a three-time All-Star and 2010 NL batting champion. Injuries somewhat derailed his trajectory; he's spent extensive time on the disabled list throughout his career.Gonzalez hit .276/.329/.467 with 16 home runs and 64 runs batted in last season. He bounced back to post a 1.7 WAR after an ugly -0.1 mark in 2017, perFanGraphs. The two sides agreed to a one-year, $5 million deal for the 2018 season."Alot of people (were) counting me out six years ago," Gonzalez toldPatrick Saundersof theDenver Postin September. "I'm still showing up. I never think about it. I always think about the opportunity I have in front of me. Just being here is a tremendous opportunity for me."I try to take advantage every night. I try make my family proud. My fans, everybody who supports me every day and this franchise. I've been here for so long. I do it for everybody. That's all I think about."Wherever Gonzalez lands Gregory Polanco Jersey , he'll likely have to be satisfied being part of a platoon at first. The Rockies tapered off his playing time later in the regular season, though he was a fixture in their postseason lineups. His age and mostly middling production of the last two years likely means he's going to have to settle for another short-term contract, whether it's in Colorado or elsewhere.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post http://bigcountryradio.net Forum Index ->  Site Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: