DONATE HERE   

DJ Schedule   

Requests   

DJ APPLICATION   

IN MEMORY OF   

QUOTE OF THE DAY   
Quote Widget

Hit Counter   

• http://bigcountryradio.net Forum IndexForum Index  • SearchSearch  • UsergroupsUsergroups  • ProfileEdit your profile  • MembersMembers  • Private MessagesLogin, Check Messages  
 • ArcadeArcade  • RanksRanks  • StaffStaff  • StatisticsStatistics  • Board RulesBoard Rules  • Forum FAQForum FAQ  • Login / LogoutLog in  

Search for at
http://bigcountryradio.net Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Authentic Mike Hughes Jersey Site huangjian123 0 Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:09 am
huangjian123 View latest post
Youth Kirk Cousins Jersey Site huangjian123 0 Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:53 am
Mike Remmers Jersey Site huangjian123 0 Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:44 am
CHICAGO BEARS (5-11)New faces: Site huangjian123 0 Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:36 am
Youth Cameron Jordan Jersey Site huangjian123 0 Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:46 am
4 daily fantasy players from the Saints and Falcons matchup Site huangjian123 0 Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:36 am

www.thecowboysfootballauthentic.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    http://bigcountryradio.net Forum Index -> Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hongwei28

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:57 am Post subject: No icon www.thecowboysfootballauthentic.com Reply with quote

The New York Jets are looking for someone to lead their offense – again.

The Jets announced Wednesday night that they fired offensive coordinator John Morton after just one season. His departure means the franchise will have its sixth offensive coordinator in eight years next season.

Morton replaced the retired Chan Gailey last year after two seasons in New Orleans as the Saints’ wide receivers coach. Quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates is a candidate to be promoted by head coach Todd Bowles. Bates served as Seattle’s offensive coordinator in 2010.

”We appreciate John’s contributions and wish him the best moving forward Youth Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey ,” coach Todd Bowles said in a statement posted on the team’s website.

The New York Daily News first reported the decision by the Jets to part ways with Morton, whose offense finished ranked No. 28 overall.

Morton’s play-calling came into question at times during an up-and-down season with the Jets, particularly when running back Matt Forte publicly criticized the game plan against Atlanta in Week 10 because New York got away from the run.

Both Morton and Forte said they spoke, and that the offensive coordinator was always open to discussions with his players and tweaking things.

”I’ve learned a lot,” Morton said in his last meeting with reporters on Dec. 28. ”As far as my personality, being more vocal with the offense, with the team. Listening. We had a period there where some players said some certain things and I listened. I think you should listen to the players and if it’s good for the team, then we’ll do it. So I’m kind of happy with myself that I listened because, listen, I didn’t do this by myself. It’s all with the coaches Youth Leighton Vander Esch Jersey , it’s all with the players. They make it all work.”

Morton added that there were several things he wished he had done differently, but insisted that he would get better over time.

”I’ve had a blast,” he said. ”It’s been fun. There’s been ups and downs, but I’ve always stuck with my preparation. That’s the way I was taught. Stick with your preparation and trust it. I think I’ve done that. I’ll learn as I go as long as I do this job, but it’s been fun.”

Under Morton and Bates, quarterback Josh McCown had the best season of his career, throwing for a career-high 2,926 yards and 18 touchdowns before being lost for the final three games with a broken left hand.

The Jets had a better-than-expected passing game with McCown leading the way with wide receivers Jermaine Kearse and Robby Anderson having career seasons. But New York’s inconsistency was glaring on that side of the ball, and with Bryce Petty at quarterback, the Jets couldn’t manage much on offense while ending the season 5-11.

Offensive coordinator has been a revolving door for New York in recent years. Brian Schottenheimer served in the role for six years from 2006-11 Youth Preston Brown Jersey , but there’s been little continuity since with Tony Sparano (2012), Marty Mornhinweg (2013-14), Gailey (2015-16) and Morton (2017) all lasting two years or less.

AP NFL website:

NEW YORK — Omaha’s loss Saturday night will be a big win for anyone who likes watching two of the best pitchers in baseball face off against one another.

Los Angeles Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw is scheduled to make a surprising return to the major league rotation Saturday night, when the Dodgers visit the New York Mets in the middle game of a three-game series at Citi Field.

The Dodgers won the opener 5-2 on Friday night when Cody Bellinger’s sixth-inning grand slam snapped a scoreless pitcher’s duel between Los Angeles left-hander Alex Wood and Mets right-hander Zack Wheeler.

There will likely be more zeroes on the board Saturday when Kershaw (1-4, 2.76 ERA) may not even be the best pitcher to take the Citi Field mound. The Hall of Fame-bound southpaw, who hasn’t pitched this month because of a lower back strain, will be opposed by the hottest pitcher in baseball, Mets ace Jacob deGrom (5-2, 1.51 ERA).

The Mets finally provided deGrom some run support in his most recent start on Monday when he picked up a long-awaited win after allowing two runs (one earned) in eight innings of a 12-2 victory over the Colorado Rockies.

DeGrom lowered his major league-leading ERA to 1.51 in the win. Since 2000, only Randy Johnson (1.47 ERA in 2000) has produced a lower ERA through 15 starts.

DeGrom has a 0.90 ERA in his last 11 starts Youth Antonio Callaway Jersey , during which he has only gone 3-2 while the Mets have gone 3-8. New York scored 16 runs while deGrom was on the mound in his 10 starts before Monday.

“I watched (Corey) Kluber have about a 1.40 ERA for like 12 or 13 starts at the end of one season to win a Cy Young,” said Mets manager Mickey Callaway, who was the pitching coach for the Cleveland Indians when Kluber locked up the American League Cy Young Award by posting a 1.42 ERA in his final 12 starts last season.

“But this is pretty special. You don’t see this often.”

Nor do matchups like Kershaw-deGrom happen very often. The clash Saturday night will mark their first regular-season matchup and the second time they’ve opposed one another.

DeGrom picked up the win in the decisive Game 5 of the 2015 National League Division Series when he tossed seven scoreless innings in the Mets’ 3-1 win over the Dodgers and Kershaw, who pitched on three days’ rest and took the loss after giving up all three runs in 6 2/3 innings.

Kershaw was originally scheduled to pitch for Triple-A Oklahoma City against Omaha, but with an uncertain weather forecast in Nebraska, the Dodgers decided to take their chances by having him pitch for the big league team in New York, where scattered thunderstorms are expected.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts hinted the famously competitive Kershaw did his share of talking his way out of the rehab start.

“He did play a little weatherman, so with weather.com and Clayton, we were pretty abreast with the weather in Omaha,” Roberts said with a grin Friday afternoon.

Roberts said the Dodgers will proceed carefully with Kershaw Youth Dorance Armstrong Jr. Jersey , who has made as many trips to the disabled list as to a big league mound since May. Kershaw was sidelined from May 2 through May 30 because of biceps tendinitis.

Kershaw was activated May 31, when he didn’t factor into the decision after pitching through a tight back while allowing one run in five innings of the Dodgers’ 2-1 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies. Los Angeles placed Kershaw back on the disabled list the next day.

“We don’t know how much he’s going to pitch,” Roberts said. “I don’t want to put a limit on him. Obviously, there is a limitation with Clayton, and I’ll make that decision.”

Both pitchers will have a unique, opponent-specific streak on the line Saturday

DeGrom is 0-3 with a 3.26 ERA in six career regular-season starts against the Dodgers. He has beaten every other team he has faced more than once.

Kershaw is 8-0 with a 1.84 ERA in 12 regular-season starts against the Mets. He is undefeated against eight other teams but has beaten only one of those squads, the Atlanta Braves, more than twice.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post http://bigcountryradio.net Forum Index ->  Site Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: